Version 0.3 of the iWPhone WordPress Plugin and Theme now supports native WordPress menus! You can easily add navigation to your mobile site which is independent of your normal site.
- In the WordPress Dashboard select “Appearance > Menus”.
- Click the “create a new menu” link.
- Give the new menu a name like “Mobile Menu” and hit the “Create Menu” button.
- Add menu items from the column on the left.
- Under “Menu Settings: Theme locations” check on “iWPhone Menu” and then hit the “Save Menu” button.
- You can now view the theme on a mobile device and you will see the menu below the header.
- You do not need to add a “Home” link, one is automatically added and linked to the home icon
- It is best to keep the menu names short and only have a few menu items (we are working on a more robust menu solution for a future release). If you have more items they will wrap.
- Multi-leveled navigation is not supported at this time